This blog is no longer updated. To see my current blog, please click here.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

boys will be boys

Well we *almost* made our first trip to the emergency room for Logan last night. We were eating dinner and Logan was taking his time, as usual. So I got on the computer to check e-mail and Scott was watching TV. I heard Logan start to sneeze over & over, then I heard him cough & Scott said, "Logan, did you put rice up your nose?!", followed shortly by, "Lisa, help!" He had coughed up some rice & definitely had some up his nose. We were worried because he couldn't breathe very well & just kept sneezing. I tried to get as much as I could out of his nose, without pushing it further in there. Then we got out a flashlight to look & I could see corn way up in there!! I called our wonderful pediatrician & she told me to try blocking one nostril & blowing in his mouth (like CPR). Then if that didn't work we could go to urgent care or wait until the next day & come see her. Well I think I earned my supermom award for that maneuver!! Scott had to hold down Logan's feet & hands so I could do it. After a couple tries on one side we got the corn to come out. Followed by more rice & lots of snot (on my face!!). Then we did the other side with the same result- corn AND rice! How much food did this kid stuff up his nose??!! We are pretty sure we got all of it because after a minute of snuggling he was back to his normal wild & crazy behavior. He said, "I'm sorry you had to hurt me, Mommy". Break my heart!! We do have an appointment with the dr. this afternoon just to check & be sure we got everything out. What a night!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my goodness! I think this and your Tristan labor story definitely qualify you for a Supermom award! :)

Rebekah said...

That is too funny!!!! What a guy!

Julie said...

Wow! That's amazing! I hope that's a trick I never have to learn!