This blog is no longer updated. To see my current blog, please click here.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

over the river & through the woods...

This week I took the boys to Missouri to visit their grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousin. Tristan is a good little traveler, just like his big brother!

My mom's house is getting rather crowded when we are all there. Mike didn't want to give up his king-size bed so he offered to let Logan sleep with him. I wasn't sure if that would be super fun or a huge disaster. Turned out to be fun for both of them. In fact, on our first night home as he was going to sleep Logan very seriously yelled, "Mike, come to bed!"

We went to the zoo in Springfield with Katie, Sarah, & Braden. Logan's favorites were the ducks which he got to feed, the giraffes, and the hippo. He was extremely upset that the elephants weren't out. 'Elephant' was a taboo word for the rest of the day. For the last 20 min or so he insisted on walking which resulted in a new scrape on his already banged-up knees. I foresee many bandaids and lots of antibiotic ointment in my future...

After the zoo we went to Mike's track meet & watched him pole vault & run in the 4x4. Logan loved this also, he kept yelling "Yay, Mike! Go Mike!" I think he wants to be just like his Uncle Mike. :) Yesterday while eating lunch he randomly said, "Yay, Mike, he jumped in the sky!" I'm not sure if he was referring to the pole vaulting or the video we watched of Mike skydiving but either way that's one smart kid!

Tristan enjoyed his time at Mamo & Grandbob's house as well since he recieved plenty of cuddling, rocking, singing, and kisses. It was a great trip but I must say it's rather challenging to travel with two little guys!!

No comments: